Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

It's that time of year again when your wife implores you to crawl up a rickety ladder, up onto the roof (and also increases her insurance payment should you fall off). Merry Christmas! I kid; I actually like having a few lights on the house. It always makes the holidays seem a little more fun. My fun this year started after I spent 4 hours hanging the light. I turned them on, they worked and then they just all turned off! Yes, it is possible to blow a fuse. Who knew? Below is the 1 cm fuse that I had to reinstall in the set of lights closest to the outlet.
After addressing this small (literally) issue, I used a few shortcuts to save time, save money and ensure that my light display stays put. Light Clips - I used these to hang the icicle lights on the gutters. Very easy and removable.
Light Nets - I used these on the small shrubs up front. They are uniform and stay in place better than a string of lights.
This is the finished product!
And, just like in the title, what house would be complete at Christmas without a Christmas Tree. Merry Christmas Everyone!

***Update***

Here is the first ever Chanelle and Tim Blog video! This is our house, in full effect. You'll notice the blinking stars in the top floor windows. We wanted something to accent that half of the house. Let us know what you think!



1 comment: