Thursday, December 6, 2012

Upstairs Bathroom: Before

 The moment you've all been waiting for... or maybe the moment I've been waiting for... or maybe I'm 6 months overdue in posting this project. Whatever the case may be... enjoy! Okay, so our upstairs bathroom was pretty funky. I don't think I realized how bad it was until we started tearing it apart.




Aqua tiles that look straight out of the 1950s + brown vanity = awesome.


Peeling linoleum? Even better.


Actually, the toilet looks pretty crisp and white in this photo. So that's not too bad, but we're replacing it anyway. Who wants a 30 year old toilet in a brand new bathroom?

You can barely see the corner of the vanity top. The previous owners had actually replaced this while they lived in the home. It wasn't in bad shape either, but we wanted a vanity with two sinks, so it too had to go.


What would you call that? Seafoam green? Aqua? Not-quite-turquoise? It's hard to say.


This is my favorite. Wicker cabinet, oh yeah. Notice we had already updated the light fixture when my mom and Rex came down to help with several other light fixtures in the house.

Tiny shelf, but functional.

You recall my ideas for this bathroom here. Just wait and see how close we come...

No comments:

Post a Comment