Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home Furnishings, Updated

Remember when I neglected my blog for two months? Yeah, me too. It's been a busy couple of months in the White House. I'll have more to share on that front soon. In the meantime, stay tunes for some incredible updates. For now, feast your eyes on these teeny changes in home decor. I am terrible at this by the way. This is why people hire interior decorators. I'd rather rip out and renovate a bathroom (more on that later) than put together some semblance of wall decor. Alas, here are some photos to keep you entertained.

You also remember this post, where Tim shared some of our attempts to decorate this house (after more than a year of home ownership). I'm back with a couple of updates:



We finally put a mirror behind that vinyl monogram. Despite the crappy phone picture and poor lighting, I think it looks great (especially in comparison to our previous strategy of hanging the monogram with painter's tape)!


Here's another updated post. We bought these $1 picture frames to hold our architectural letters.Unfortunately, they looked dwarfed since White is such a short last name. We finally upgraded to a larger frame with mat:


It's not a dramatic difference, but when you see the buffet below, it looks more to scale. We searched for a long time for a 5-picture opening. I didn't think that would be challenging to find, but we wanted something large enough for the space yet horizontal.

We've still got a long way to go and the 4 boxes of picture frames on our guest bed prove it. I'm going to try to tackle some of those this month and in August, but we shall see (my track record is pretty poor at this point). I'll be back soon with updates on the exterior and interior of our home. What's been happening in your home? Care to share? Guest posts can be submitted to me via email!



No comments:

Post a Comment